The Learning Community takes its name seriously. We work as an open school community that benefits from the voices and talents of students, families, teachers, staff, community partners, board members, donors and many others.
- We serve 560 students in grades K-8.
- 81% Latino, 13% Black, 5% White, less than 1% Asian and Native American
- 100% have important stories to tell
- 53% come to school with a sibling
- 3% mobility rate
- Live in Central Falls (57%), Pawtucket (23%) and Providence (20%)
- 61% speak Spanish
- 87% qualify for free and reduced price lunch
- 100% have a welcoming meeting with a school Co-Director
- 100% attend parent conferences and 96% attend open houses
- 98% say the school views them as important partners
OUR TEACHERS AND STAFF
- 100% of classroom teachers are certified
- 80% of classroom teachers have graduate degrees
- 100% feel families and the community are supportive of our school
We are grateful to work with a number of organizations dedicated to building strong families, strong schools and communities including: Serve RI/Americorps, Gateway Community Healthcare, Psychological Centers, Central Falls Public Schools, Progreso Latino, Woonsocket Public Schools, Smithfield Public Schools, the Brown University Elementary MAT Program, RI League of Charter Schools and Adams Memorial Library.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Our board of directors includes representatives from the business, non-profit and education communities as well as representatives of our team and parents.
Patrick Collins, Vice President, H.V. Collins
Maria Colon, Parent
Janice O’Donnell, Director, Providence Children’s Museum
Marc Greenfield, Partner, Lynch & Greenfield
Roberta Jenkins Winters
Graham O’Halloran, Teacher
Janelle Conroy, Teacher
Hillary Salmons, Director, Providence After School Alliance (PASA)
Polly Ulichny, EdD, former director, Brown University Elementary MAT Program
Richard Kuehl, Edward Rowse Architects
Raymond Vargas, Parent
We are grateful to the many people who have supported our work by giving time, expertise and financial support. We are also thankful to several major donors who have helped build our success: